Tinboats.net / VI Cooler Give Away - WINNER GREENRIVER

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bulldog

Reaction score
I have a brand new Igloo Ice Cube cooler. It has wheels and a handle to pull it along. Looks like it will fit 2 cases of beer or soda plus some food. It is a really nice cooler and has custom graphics on the font and two sides. The vinyl is a high quality 3M product and will hold up for years to come.

How to win the awesome cooler -

Post pictures and a description of a home made lure. If you make your own lures, post a pic. If you made a lure one time and it sucked, post a pic. Any home made lure is an entry and there are no limits to how many enteries you can have.

You have to have atleast 25 posts on the site in order to be eligible.

Winner will be chosen by myself and my staff at Vinyl Images and the winner will be anounced October 20, 2011. Final entry will be taken at midnight October 19, 2011. I will box the cooler up and send it to your doorstep. Most creative, quirky, eye catching, weird, ugly, pretty, odd lure wins but it better have a good story.

Good luck and post any questions you have.

Attachments

• cooler 004.JPG
    cooler 004.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 3,314
  • cooler 003.JPG
    cooler 003.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 3,314
  • cooler 002.JPG
    cooler 002.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 3,314
Waterwings said:
****, sure wish I made lures, and I'd enter. Cool graphics! 8)

You are going to tell me that you have never made a bait? Ever? Here are two examples from me - #1 - I took a chatter bait and put a swim bait on it and use it as a chatterswim - kills the smallies on a local power plant lake. #2 - I had a top water frog that the legs fell off of so I put two grubs on as legs and caught fish on it the rest of the day.

Think about it members - even if they are not professionally poured baits, you have made something interesting, I promise.

bulldog said:
Waterwings said:

You are going to tell me that you have never made a bait? Ever? Here are two examples from me - #1 - I took a chatter bait and put a swim bait on it and use it as a chatterswim - kills the smallies on a local power plant lake. #2 - I had a top water frog that the legs fell off of so I put two grubs on as legs and caught fish on it the rest of the day.

Well heck, I thought you meant something made from scratch. So, something we've modified will be accepted?

hmmm, at what price do I give up my secret bait? Is it worth a cooler? Have to think on this a while...

wasilvers said:
hmmm, at what price do I give up my secret bait? Is it worth a cooler? Have to think on this a while...

Haha. My "made from scratch" lure I saw on an episode of Macguyver once. He used a foil wrapper from a piece of gum and put it on a hook. I made it when I was about 8 and I think I caught one bluegill on it before it fell apart. No pics though. :( Sweet cooler, and cool contest. Thanks Bulldog!

Waterwings said:
bulldog said:
Waterwings said:

Well heck, I thought you meant something made from scratch. So, something we've modified will be accepted?

Any modified bait will be an entry. When I say "home made lure" I mean any lure that has been changed, modified, hand poured, created from safety pins and some toilet paper, anything really. I just need an excuse to give this cooler away so throw your entries up and if it does not fit the description I'll let you know. Thanks for the entries members.

I started making my own crankbaits a few months ago when I read an article about wooden flatsides. I couldn't justify spending $25 on one lure so I went out and spent WAY more than that on tools and materials. This always happens to me, I say, "Hey I can make that myself instead of buying it" and I end up spending much more than the initial thing would have cost. The rationalization is that is more satisfying to make than to buy, which is why most of us frequent this site, I assume.

Anyway, after quite a few failed attempts I finally developed a couple of designs that work really well and catch fish. I am still refining the details with each additional bait I make, so they are not quite to the level of finish quality I am aiming for just yet.

This one is a 3.5" 3/4oz. basswood crank in a black crappie pattern:

l.jpg

l.jpg

This is the same bait style with foil on the sides and same gill plate:

l.jpg

This is a 3" 1/2oz fat-flatside in black crappie. Circuit board lips and have neutral buoyancy:
m.jpg
m.jpg

l.jpg

Yellowfin minnow with foil under tissue paper for a dulled flash:

l.jpg

This next design is based off of the Rebel Tadfry (my favorite ultralight crank). Its a 2" 1/4oz. floating crank I call the jumbo tadpole. It has the same action but on a larger scale and is killer in ponds and small creeks. To get an idea of scale, that is an old Heddon Lucky 13 in the upper left corner.

l.jpg

Thanks for the chance, that is one killer cooler wrap.

Crap! I think the one or two that I made 15 years ago is long gone. I will pilage my basement tonight as this would ne the perfect final touch for my tin

Nice lures Green River.

Could you share what are you using for decals and surface finish?

Where is this stuff available?

I have never seen that clear circuit board material before.

=D> =D> =D> =D>

This contest is Bologna! You should just send the cooler to me! :BS:

:LOL2: :LOL2: :LOL2: :LOL2:

Here are some pictures of the tinkering and Lures I make.

My saltwater striper lures

Needlefish
normal_DSC_0014.JPG

Poppers
normal_DSC_0025.JPG

Danny imitations
normal_DSC_0023.JPG

Promotional Spinnerbaits
SB5.jpg

And my Jigs
JuneBug.jpg

normal_Evergreen.jpg

Now I'm going to lock this thread until the contest ends. :LOL2:

Mud Fish said:
Nice lures Green River.

Could you share what are you using for decals and surface finish?

Where is this stuff available?

I have never seen that clear circuit board material before.

=D> =D> =D> =D>
The decals are photoshopped and printed on my inkjet. The yellowfin was printed on gift wrap tissue and spray glued to aluminum foil, applied to the carved wooden blank, airbrushed and then clear coated with Devcon 2 ton epoxy. The epoxy "wets" the parts of the tissue with no ink and that allows the foil beneath it to shine through. It's kind of hard to see in that picture but that is the process.

The others are printed onto shipping labels, applied to the carved wood blank, epoxied, airbrushed and then epoxied again for the final finish. The tadfry baits were rattle can jobs.

The circuitboard lips are available at Jannsnetcraft. The long clear bills are just regular plastic lips you find on most crankbaits.

redbug said:
i dipped a green pumkin finesse worm in spike it does that count??

I don't see why not. You are going to have to be more creative than that to win the cooler but it would be an entry for sure.

Latest posts