When's your prediction for first day on the ice?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gmoney

Reaction score
I'm hoping to be out on the ice December 17th, last exam is on the 16th so I'll have to wait until then. Some guys were out last weekend already in Manitoba....

I was hoping for mid Dec for decent ice, but with the way our weather is right now I should have not put the boat up - they're saying it'll be in the 50's this weekend. :?

There's always a few goofballs that venture out with 2" or less on the lake, but I don't need panfish that bad. I'll wait until its up to 4" or so then it's FISH ON!

Figure the end of Dec for me.

C

I am thinking Mid to End January here in Mass. I really want to try it, but I am not going to buy all the stuff needed to do it. So who is going to volunteer to make out Icefishing. I will bring the Beer, Grill, steak tips, Burgers, and whatever else you want. :lol:

wihil said:
I was hoping for mid Dec for decent ice, but with the way our weather is right now I should have not put the boat up - they're saying it'll be in the 50's this weekend. :?

Im pulling my rig out Friday, no wind and 50.. ill take this all November :)

As far as punching holes.. ill be out early December :)

We are icefishing here in SD already. Buddies been out doing great one the eyes in smaller lakes. We have 5"-6"ice on smaller bodies of water and 2"-3" on bigger lakes. last week we had one evening it was -9* in morning and calm. ice things over pretty quick. I plan on being on hard water Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
Here;s sample of one caught earlier in week:
1121111522A.jpg

Latest posts