Parker Duck boat paint, too dark?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jay D

Reaction score
Never let a color blind guy order paint. I got "Hunter Green" from CABELas already mixed it and put some on the boat, seems way too dark. Is there any thing I could do to lighten it or just go ahead and paint away? I hate to waist $50 + the time to paint it. Will the hunter green look good when I am done or am I bein too picky. If it matters Lowe 1648 big jon boat and going to install gray carpet. Thanks

You could let the sun oxidize it for a while. :D

FYI, the Duralux "aluminum boat green" doesn't really have a "green" look to it. It reminds me more of a dark olive drab used by USAAC bombers in WWII.

You can mix in a lighter shade or even white in small increments until you have the shade you want. Just go slow and paint a sample often to see when you get to the shade you want. And (of course) use oil based paint with oil based paint, latex with latex, etc. It's not hard to do, just take your time. My friend across the street painted his yard cart using a mixture of John Deere green abd bright red and came out with a nice shade of burgandy paint, so just lightening up a dark green will be even easier.

I’m no help just also frustrated with lack of choices of shades. Looking for a flat light tan or sand to paint the inside of mine to keep it cool and just can’t tell from online pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro