casting bullets

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlie Two Tracks

Reaction score
I enjoy casting bullets and reloading for my .357 Ruger GP-100. It is a fun hobby for me in the winter months and makes for some pretty cheap shooting. I can customize my rounds for up close or 100 yds and make them very accurate.
dm7j47.jpg

It was 25 yds on that one. I also have a SP-101 3" .357. You're right. It is a great gun. The GP pictured has an Ultra Red Dot scope on it, non magnifying. The SP-101 has a Crimson Trace laser on it. That laser is quite bright.

OH MAN, I love it. Revolvers are my thing. I have a S&W 357 Magnum and it is my favorite gun I have ever owned. Just a fine piece of machining. I find myself to be more accurate with that firearm than any other I own. 7" barrel and very accurate. Feels right in my hand. I have the same grip. I also have a S&W 460 that I'm playing with. What a gun.

Nice group by the way.

Thank you very much for your service. =D> =D> =D> =D>

Thanks bulldog.
This is my reloading room. It costs $0.06 a round for my full house .357 rounds. You don't really save money though. Instead of shooting 50 rds. you will shoot 200 and do it more often.

t8qmma.jpg

ran across this thread and was delighted to say the least as i also
enjoy casting / reloading
as for casting i use :
lyman #2 alloy for
215 g/check
250 g/check
for :
ruger super blawkhawk 71/2 in barrel [scoped]
ruger red hawk 71/2 in barrel [open sights]
both shoot very good !
i also reload for :