Under water cameras

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HANGEYE

Reaction score
I am going to buy one soon and need your advice. Anybody have one? What kind? The good, the bad, the ugly. What do I look for and what should I stay away from. What brand is better in your opinion? Need all the help I can get so all input is welcome. I know these things aren't cheap so I gave myself a limit of $500.00. Saw one of those with 4 way split screen view and others that have a device that turns the cable to aim the camera. I'm sure there are more options but before I go shopping, I was hopeing you folks could thin the list for me. I apreciate any help I can get.

This is coming out in May and I am buying it. $350 https://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/cameras/digital_cameras/powershot_d20

Its a 12mp camera, does HD video, GPS tagging for the photos(killer for hunting IMO) goes underwater and it has a 5X optical which sealed the deal for me.

Thanks for the reply Jim. I was looking for video cameras that have the camera under water and the monitor above water like the MarCum or AquaVu (spelling?). I apologize for leaving that part out. #-o

HANGEYE said:
Thanks for the reply Jim. I was looking for video cameras that have the camera under water and the monitor above water like the MarCum or AquaVu (spelling?). I apologize for leaving that part out. #-o

Ah...... Gotcha! :LOL2:

I want to try an Aquaview or something like that aswell. Hopefully we can get some feedback

And jim, you should never get one these, watching the fish give you the fin would probably make you upset

Captain Ahab said:
I want to try an Aquaview or something like that aswell. Hopefully we can get some feedback

And jim, you should never get one these, watching the fish give you the fin would probably make you upset

Its so I can see my worm action in the pool. 8)

We are going to do killer bait reviews this summer If I get this camera!

Jim said:
Captain Ahab said:

Its so I can see my worm action in the pool. 8)

I do not think that they make an underwater microscope?

Muskie, I took your advice and took a long hard look at the MarCum vs625sd. I was impressed with what I saw and bought it on the spot. I have had it out in the boat a few times and could not be happier. The picture quality is very good and the sun light doesn't wash out the screen. The 75' camera cord will allow me to get to the bottom of most inland lakes here in Wisconsin. In fishing terms, IT'S A KEEPER. =D>

OK, a little late in helping you decide but...

I have a Marcum (an older cheaper one) it only has a monitor, cant record. I use it just for ice fishing. As far as the monitor goes, it is good but can get washed out in sunlight. The camera works great although the range is less than you would think. Anything up close looks huge and anything over 3 feet away you wonder if it's a keeper. The one thing I really dislike about it so much that it makes me not want to use it, is the cord. When it's cold it has a memory which makes the camera twist around and it a pain to try and wrap up. It is also difficult to know which way the camera is facing.