Rod Repair, Pflueger President Spinning Rod

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whj812

Reaction score
I was inspecting my gear after todays trip, and noticed that the tip eye's glass lining in missing. Is there a way to get this repaired somehow without buying a new rod? the eye is still good, just looks like the glass got broke out or something.

Thanks in advance!!

If it is just the tip you can do it yourself. grab the old tip with pliers - heat the piece where it joins the rod and pull off - do not twist!

Most tackle shops sell tips - bring the rod with you so you can fit the new tip. I use Goop or a similar flexible contact type adhesive to affix the new tip. Tackle stores use a hot glue, but I have had the work loose.

It is pretty simple and painless

You need to replace the entire tip.

Plenty of tackle shops offer that service and its ususally under $10 plus the cost of the new tip.

Additionally, plenty of places carry replacement tips with a stick of glue. Personally I'd use 5 minute epoxy but the glue will work.

You can take a look here for a repair guy... www.tackleworks.org

Mattman said:
You need to replace the entire tip.

Additionally, plenty of places carry replacement tips with a stick of glue. Personally I'd use 5 minute epoxy but the glue will work.

Matt - I stopped using the epoxy becuase it is a PITA if you have to replace the replacement tip - heating it off is real tough. I have been using Clear Household Goop becuase I can heat the tip and replace it with that, yet it has some flexibility after drying so it does not work loose (like the hot glue gun glue)

If you use the epoxy or goo how can you get the tip off if the same thing happens?
I use the hot glue and have had that loosen up if the epoxy ir goo can be removed i will give that a try
Wayne

redbug said:
If you use the epoxy or goo how can you get the tip off if the same thing happens?
I use the hot glue and have had that loosen up if the epoxy ir goo can be removed i will give that a try
Wayne

Not Goo - Goop, different stuff

4470.jpg

You can get it at any hardware store

And, you can heat it and it come off

Latest posts