Stripers on the Canal

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
Went fishing at the Cape Cod Canal this morning and managed my limit. Both were caught on TC Tackle Bucktail Jigs 3OZ and 4 OZ with a #70 pork trailer in white and red.

The little one was 32 inches and the big one was 34 inches. They weight 13.10 and 16.05 respectively. What an awesome day!

55b0a870.jpg

5cc27f94.jpg

Nice work! I wish we had stripers on the SC coast.

We've got them inland on the lakes and rivers, but as I've already attested to, I suck at freshwater fishing, I can't even catch a bream, much less a striper, or even a largemouth bass, only thing I ever catch is catfish.

Hmmmmmm, are sure those fish are real? Did you just stop a Redtop and borrow a few fish for the photos?

SALT FLIES RULE!

Oh yeah - Jim just made his "disgusted with Ahab" face again

Jim said:
Caught a bunch of stripers this year, problem was they were mostly shorts. No need to keep on taking pictures of 20 inch Bass.

LMAO

I will just have to come back and show you how to catch the bigger ones

AGAIN

Nice fish Boss. =D>

I'm looking at your wardrobe and trying to envision wearing that in June down here. :LOL2:

Brine said:
Nice fish Boss. =D>

I'm looking at your wardrobe and trying to envision wearing that in June down here. :LOL2:

Oh no need to worry, Those super stylish waders had holes in them from the moment I took them out of the package. So I was very very cool in the water. :evil:

Brine said:
Nice fish Boss. =D>

You should see how I dress for boating from November to about April. Between heavily-insulated snowskiing pants, a Mustang Survival float coat, balaclava, ear muffs, toboggan, and gloves, I look like I'm ready for an outing in the arctic circle. But, I cannot stand to be cold, and I'm going to dress for the temp of the water, regardless of how warm it may be on the hill.

For instance, two days ago, it was 80 degrees here on the hill, but the water is still 55 degrees. I've made the mistake of under-dressing for the conditions, only to be miserable and cold, then getting sick.

Nice catch!

PSG, lol I know what you mean. When I go fishing this time of year, I dress warm. I do NOT want to be out there freezing my butt off. Sometimes I look like the kid on Christmas Story.

4 more months

Price for Ahab's Striper lessons are going way up this year

Got a care package coming from good old England - secret lures for monster rockfish

Best shop in New England! My "real job" is a carpenter but last year my wife and I took over Saturdays after being friends with the owner and staff for some years. I will be teaching some Fly fishing and surfcasting 101 classes coming up and we will be at the RISAA saltwater anglers show in Providence at the end of the month.

Not trying to sell ya anything, was just curious in case we may have met already!

Give us the Address - will stop in this spring !

Jim is not allowed in most tackle stores so he is always looking for a new one to try :LOL2:

We just moved in to a new shop at 1037 Aquidneck Ave, Middletown, RI. April 11 I believe we have a grand reopening planned I believe so if you happen to be around, we may have food and beer!

Latest posts