Boater Safety --- And the WINNER IS.....

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sixgun86

Reaction score
Boater Safety Giveaway - King of the Swamp Autograph

This past weekend some local Tinboaters fell in the drink. They took a 12' SemiV w/ brand new Merc out in the bay and were fishing beneath the Perdido bay bridge. One fella leaned over towards the edge and the boat rolled throwing both passengers into the water about 100 yards from shore in 15' water with 1-2 swells. Neither of them were wearing, or brought life jackets.

Luckily a friend had just put in nearby and was running sea trials on his newly rebuilt motor. He was able to assist them in securing the flipped boat and bringing them to land. If it weren't for him the boat could have been lost and if either had injury or were not able to swim the distance much worse could have occurred. He was the only one around at the time.

75% of all fatal boating accidents resulted from drowning.
84% PERCENT WERE NOT WEARING LIFE JACKETS!
70% were in open motorboats less than 21 feet in length.
Wear Your Life Jacket!

To Enter: Post a Picture of your Boat with Life jackets aboard. Or yourself wearing One. You will be added twice to the drawing if you include a picture of a Med Kit aboard your vessel.

Prize:
Grand Prize: Signed Autograph's 8x11 of Troy, Clint, & Jacob Landry from Swamp People.
Runners Up: Promo Code for free Boaters Safety Course courtesy Brent from BoatersExam.com

Grand Prize Winner : DevilMutt

Runners up for Boat safety course:
chattahoochee
popeye
Recon
Gramps50
SevenPin

Congrats Fella's!

Attachments

• swamp.jpg
    swamp.jpg
    982.2 KB · Views: 2,716
Don't have them on but the are handy at all times. There is a First Aid kit on board but it's in the the compartment in the front deck.

DSC04421.JPG

More safety equitment
DSC04430.JPG

DSC04428.JPG

My buddy Tom is a big full-time PFD advocate. Check his dink from my boat. :LOL2:

And is it really sad that I'm dying to win that picture?

Attachments

• 0703090621.jpg
    0703090621.jpg
    550.1 KB · Views: 2,655
  • 0501011604.jpg
    0501011604.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 2,655
Neighbors grandson on my boat, first bluegill and boat trip. I have one off per person and a throwable cushion.

Attachments

• IMAG0272.jpg
    IMAG0272.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 2,641
You can't see the Autotether FOB on my PFD because that little green fish was in the way, but I always wear both:

normal_LMB.jpg

Waterproof First aid box is under the driver's seat. Fire extinguisher is under the driver's console.

Looking good fella's & ladies!

I know we've got some more people on here that practice safe boating. Those that don't have enough time to pick up a PFD and enter.

Remember, you can post pics of just your PFD's on board to enter.

I have more life jackets in the boat than I will have people. The kids always wear a life jacket, I probably should but I don't. We also always carry a first aid kit, so far we haven't had to break it open.

IMG_3340.jpg

IMG_3341.jpg

We have a rule of big motor on...PFD on. Also clip kill switch to whoever is driving boat. 25 year firefighter and EMT so definitely have first aid kit.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1340232076752.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1340232076752.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 2,594
@ sixgun86
Love what you're doing here, I work for https://www.BOATERexam.com, I'd like to donate 5 complimentary online boating safety courses to your giveaway. One for the winner and if you like another 4 for you to distribute. I'd be happy to send you the codes to exempt people from payment, if you're interested.

BoatingGuy said:
@ sixgun86
Love what you're doing here, I work for https://www.BOATERexam.com, I'd like to donate 5 complimentary online boating safety courses to your giveaway. One for the winner and if you like another 4 for you to distribute. I'd be happy to send you the codes to exempt people from payment, if you're interested.

That is very generous of you and BoaterExam.com. I'd be more than happy to distribute them in our drawing.

:WELCOME: to Tinboats!

Email: [email protected]

Here I am running down (or was it up) Kentucky Lake.

Attachments

• DSCF0008.jpg
    DSCF0008.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 1,837
I do have to say, when I had to take the class I am glad I chose boaterexam.com. very thorough class. Whoever gets that will be receiving a life ling gift

Latest posts