ugly stik tiger

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slabmaster

Reaction score
i picked up a couple of new ugly stik tigers today. also picked up a couple of shakespear arsenal hd reels . i will use them drifting live bait for flatheads,blues and strippers. the rods feel like they would turn a freight train . the reels i am unsure about . i am mostly a diawa guy when it comes to levelwind. if anyone has any experience with these rods or reel i would appreciate the input.

i have an ugly stik tiger rod. i bought it years ago for catfishing, and for saltwater fishing. great rod for the money. just keep an eye on the guides if you are going to use braid. other than that, with the right reel, you could catch monsters.

I've heard good things about the uglystick tiger rods for catfishing. Never used one myself though. I would imagine they are tough as nails. I know my 8' Shakespear UglyCat is.

Derek777 said:
i have an ugly stik tiger rod. i bought it years ago for catfishing, and for saltwater fishing. great rod for the money. just keep an eye on the guides if you are going to use braid. other than that, with the right reel, you could catch monsters.
i daydream about catching monsters. as a matter of fact i get 7 or 8 good bites every day. lol

for the price ugly sticks rock, all sizes, when i started fishin over 10years ago my first spinning rod was an ugly stick, still have it and its in great shape.

Latest posts