Skunked 11/16, 11/20 and 21st

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shamoo

Reaction score
My son wanted to get his first striper so on the 16th (fri) we headed down to Brigantine, (had to buy a surf pole & Baitrunner), he borrowed Chest Highs from a guy at his work which leaked like a sieve, I wore my car-harts, so my son had to cast not only for himself but for me also, fished the out going tide with clams, the only thing we caught were large twigs and other debrea.

I bought Chest High Waders, so we head down to Brigantine on the 20th and fished the incoming tide with Bunker and Clams, got the SKUNK!!!!, headed back down on the 21st to fish the out going tide in the afternoon, with Bunker and Clams, arrived around noon and fished till 5.15 pm, dead low tide was 8 p.m. but once that sun set boy did it get cold, my son was soaked, (socks and his Jeans) so we didnt stay for dead low tide.

IMG_0126.jpg

IMG_0124.jpg

IMG_0125.jpg

Looks COLD !!!!!!!!! From everything I've heard about the striper run this year, the storm seems to have blown out the run for this year. Between the damage to the communities and the mess it made of the ocean front, and likely the underwater landscape and baitfish populations, the fish just headed south. Looks like your son might have to wait until next year to get his first lineside.