any geocashers out there.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rangerbull

Reaction score
I am not hard core but get out when I get the chance. I keep my premium membership up to date. I am more in to getting a find in different states. Just started on that and will be headed to myrtle beach again this summer so can pick up a few states thru there from Indiana. Just thought it was a interesting hobby. If you dont know what it is you can go to www.geocashing.com and watch a vidio. It also helps me hone my gps skills and can use them while on the water.

Rangerbull, my brother loves that stuff. He and his new girlfriend, who just happens to be a dear old British friend of mine from the 70's, were here a few weeks ago. I spent 4 days with them finding caches along our coastal highway and I got them over to some islands in the intercoastal waterway(Santa Rosa Sound) to find a few caches. We thought 'Island Caches' would be unique, and they were. Found 6 of 7 on those little islands. And I'm 'geocached out'!!!!! I don't know where he gets his energy. The old fart's like a machine! LOL It's an interesting hobby but I don't think I'd care to invest in it. Now, if you're ever in this area, give me a shout. I can get you over to those islands, but the rest is up to you :)

We do it from time to time, it gets the kids off those stupid video games and outside. Check out our first findings........ :lol:

https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=24953

Those are pretty good sized, Jim. We found a few as small as a dog whistle hanging in trees, and the biggest was an old military flare canister about 3' long in the middle of a giant brier patch. We were alittle bloody when we came out. Some people don't make it easy, do they.

I have accidentally stumbled upon a geocache a couple of times, but have never gotten into doing it. But, we do a lot of geo-tagging of photos to google earth, I do it the old-school way, no GPS, it's strictly by terrain association.

Any time I go on a vacation I will check to see what's around the area I plan on visiting.Found some cool places I otherwise wouldn't have seen.

We were big into it a few years ago. I liked hiding them as much or more as finding them. I still maintain the ones I've hidden.

A smartphone makes it much more fun.

Latest posts