Please Welcome FiberGlassSupplyDepot

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
Please welcome fiberglassupplydepot as TinBoats newest sponsor. Even though we are called TinBoats here, we are seeing more and more fiberglass projects. I am excited that the crew from Fiberglass Supply Depot has decided to come on board. They stock Fiberglass cloth, Fiberglass Mat, Fiberglass Biaxle, Polyester Resin, Epoxy Resin, Glues, Putties, Marine Paints, Sandpaper, detailing and buffing supplies among many other things and can be used as a resource to help us with our projects. Please check out there website by clicking on the banner below.

We'll let it go this time. lol I'd already found it and was looking around. I look at my old rusty truck now and I think hmmm

Hi and thanks for letting us come on board with this great forum. For the month of March all orders of $50.00 and up will recieve 10% off. Just use coupon code tinboats.net when checking out. Also if anybody has any fiberglass related questions please let us know and we will do our best to answer them. Once again thanks for letting us participate in this community. Jesse

Question for fiberglass.

Looking at your site and reading the details on your product "Fasco Stop Rot" according to the limited internet research I have done the original use or design for "Gluvit" is the same thing.

My question is has any testing been done with your product for adhesion to aluminum and it's continued flexibility if used as a seam sealant.

Thank you for you time and any response you can provide.

Hi Ramrod, Ive never seen anything special about gluvit except that it is a little thinner than the average epoxy's and the price. All epoxy's stick to properly prepared aluminum and most all epoxy's are flexible at least to a an extent, there are epoxy's on the market witch are more flexible than most and are used mainly for repairing plastics. In the old days when we needed the epoxy to be a little more flexible we simply increased the hardener ratio. For instance one of the epoxy's we sell e-bond hardener ca370 for laminating is usually mixed 2 to 1, but as per the manufactures instructions can be mixed 50/50 for a more flexible required application. Stop-Rot is a thin epoxy like gluvit and can be used in other applications other than stopping rot but it is best suited for the purpose it was designed for. It gets very hot when mixed witch helps steam the moisture out of the wood while curing, there also is a chemical in the stop-rot that helps it cure even in a wet environment. Another plus is when mixed with a power mixer getting as much air blended in as possible, like making an omelet, when all the little air bubbles start to expand from the heat produced by the activating epoxy, it expands similarly to the expanding 2 part foams and subsequently fills the voids left by the rotting wood. PS always be careful when trying to seal seams with anything, because if there is dirt,mold, corrosion or i think you get what i mean in that seam nothing is going to stick inside the seam where you really need it to stick unless it was cleaned and sanded before you but it together. CYA later Danny from fiberglass supply depot.

Latest posts