12' mod-v Bluefin remod.....First one....FINALLY FINISHED!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dambo0708

Reaction score
Well guys just finished my first tin! Took me longer than planned but its ready for the camping season now. No motor yet but trolling motor works just as well for bass fishing. Here's some before and after pics.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 8,971
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    434.7 KB · Views: 8,971
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 8,971
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 8,970
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 8,970
Didn't get a lot more done. My buddy was supposed to bring me a jigsaw and never showed.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 9,434
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 9,434
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 9,434
I guess no one is following....lol. I don't know why some of the pics are upside down. Doing this all from an Iphone5

Because if you have it open outwards, its harder to load the tank on land. If you are standing beside the boat, and if it opens towrads you, you have to lift the tank over the hatch door.

I don't believe I will be taking it out for any reason. Should be able to open the hatch and fill it when needed. Thanks for the input. This is the kind of stuff I'm looking for. Thanks!

dambo0708 said:
I don't believe I will be taking it out for any reason. Should be able to open the hatch and fill it when needed. Thanks for the input. This is the kind of stuff I'm looking for. Thanks!

Then thats ok! Here in Canada you cant fill a portable tank while its in the boat, so Im just used to that :)
One thing you should think about is a vent for the enclosed area for gas fumes. If you search on here, you'll see its strongly recommended you allow for gas vapours to escape from under that enclosed deck. Remember, thats why 'big' boats have a blower!

Hey guys. Will be finishing u the back of the boat soon and will be moving to the front deck. I find myself knowing exactly what to do for braces after snooping around here. But I have no idea how to measure and cut to fit towards the front? Lol. May be a dumb question but as I said with being a "nube" may it isn't. How can you get an exact measurement to fit at such a great angle?

Heres how I did it:
- cut the wood to the right length, from bow to wherever it ends; for me it was the front bench.
- cut the wood to the widest part ( again for me its the bench width). You should end up with a rectangular piece.
- draw a line down the centre of the wood, from bow part to end. This should divivde the rectangle into two halves.
- I then carefully measured across the bow every 6", then transfer that to the wood, using the centerline. So if the first measurement is say 9", then measure 6" from the end of the wood, then draw a line crossing the centerline, 4.5" either side of it.
- repeat for the next 6", until you get to the end of the deck.
- connect the ends of the lines, and you have a pretty accurate shape.

I tried using cardboard to trace the shape, but it wasnt as accurate for me. Others have had great success with cardboard, so youmight try that first!

Maestro thanks for the help. Its gonna be a good size deck from bow to second bench. I want a nice long platform for the wife. Btw your mod is awesome! Real cool ideas and superior craftsmanship. Good work buddy!

Hey guys haven't been on in a while. Been super busy but have been able to do a little more work to the boat. Got a little over 3 weeks till our camping vacation so I gotta get a move on.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 9,087
It looks nice, dude. Let us know how the bow goes and what works for you. I am getting mine ready for a new floor, but I'm further out than you.

I have a 9 horse Johnson I have to get running. The Evinrude on the back is a 9 but doesn't run either. I think it may be seized. We have a camping trip planned for June 10, close to home so if I need anything I can get it. Gonna be the test. Can't wait to see how it sits in the water. A little nervous but hey that's part of the fun!

Just got to add the trailer jack and she's done and ready for camping!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,304

Latest posts