Going for some groupa tomorrow

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigwave

Reaction score
I will be going out tomorrow early for some red grouper. Our plan is to go out 30-50 miles to some hard bottom areas for some grouper and snapper. I just packed my bag. My goal is to limit out on the red grouper and try to get the mangoes fired up. I have my special cobia getter too. They are thick right now, as are the blackfin tuna's. We hope to get a mixed bag for our families........report to follow......bigwave out.

Had a great day on the water. We went out on an awesome 39' Grady White canyon runner with trip 350 Yammys. All I can say is this boat is one of the best center consoles I have ever been on. We cruised at 45kts to some of my dive spots......the bite was slow in the morning due to the new moon. We started out on some hard bottom areas 25miles offshore in 75 feet of water. The bite was ok put a few fish in the box and moved to one of my favorite dive spots. Guess what the gags were home but we could not keep a single one. We caught 6 of the endangered fish over 20lbs... and broke of the big ones a few times. We had to leave the spot since every bite was a good gag grouper. We decided to run to the Mexican pride which is a wreck 44 miles off shore.....quick ride in this boat.... :mrgreen: there was a guy sitting right on the wreck so we could not get the jacks that we wanted......drifted off the wreck and put a couple more red groupers in the box along with some small bee liners. Over all we had fun and plan on poking the boat over 100 miles next time for the Paleagics. Here is a pic of some of the fish we kept as we were unloading the boat. We also saw a baby tiger shark probably 5 foot with beautiful stripes all down his sides....but I could not get a pic before he went down and ate my friends grouper off the line. It was almost effortless for the shark. You should have seen the look of my buddies eyes as that shark ate his nice grouper. :shock:

Attachments

• imagejpeg_2 (23).jpg
    imagejpeg_2 (23).jpg
    313 KB · Views: 1,084
  • imagejpeg_2 (24).jpg
    imagejpeg_2 (24).jpg
    412.1 KB · Views: 1,084
  • imagejpeg_2 (25).jpg
    imagejpeg_2 (25).jpg
    311.6 KB · Views: 1,084
Glad to hear you had an awesome day! The bite is on here as well, but we have to run a little further out to get the depth.
Tight Lines, Jerry

Latest posts