Sabine Pass 5/1/13

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RAMROD

Reaction score
Got a late start didn't get out on the water till around 8:30-:45. Caught a mess of shad then headed out the jetties to the closest platform. It was hardheaded city! The wife did catch one shark there that went 35". No sure what species so if got to live another day. Guess I should say this is only the second time to fish Sabine and the first time to do it out of my boat.

Came back to the jetties for a little water break and there was something just boiling the water there. Wouldn't hit anything i presented to it so threw the cast next a couple times, what I caught looked like monster shad. Moved from there to to the protected side at the end of the jetties.

I quartered the monster shad up and that is when the fun began! We stopped counting at around 10 somewhere between ten to eleven o'clock the bull reds we killing us! I was worn slap out! The smallest was between 29-30 inches and the rest were well, I don't know they were longer than my academy stick on tape measure. We fished till 7:30 PM with a steady bite! We caught lots of hardheaded an several Gafftop catfish one of which if the STAR was on right now we would have weighted along with one crocker, no flounder or specks. All caught on the bait mentioned above, shad and dead shrimp. Only got a few pictures as I forgot my phone and the wife's was full, go figure. Had a blast! Here are a couple pictures.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368489917.247927.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368489954.580906.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368489976.598217.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368490005.862942.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368490053.981200.jpg

Latest posts