Hill Tide Shrimping

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigwave

Reaction score
I will try my luck at some hill tide shrimping tonight. I finally got my boat registered and will be going out on the first fishing trip for some shrimp. Every year on the full moon of May,June, and sometimes July the shrimp flow out of all passes on the outgoing tide. The plan is to take some 6 foot dip nets, head lamps and a couple of 5 gallon buckets. I will anchor up on a secluded pass and use the head lights to look for the tell tale glowing eyeballs......then you just scoop them up and place in the bucket.....If the wind cooperates we should have fresh jumbo shrimp tomorrow. I will be taking my pole for a photo op snook..........need a new avitar........ :mrgreen:

You got that right....I am not taking my shark gear......I will probably go to 10 cent bridge or Buncee's pass.....the tarpon bite is on....might try to jump one tonight if they are in the pass. I just hope the wind lays down.