Biggest Vehicle Wrap Competition in the World

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bulldog

Reaction score
On Saturday I leave for London, England for the FESPA Wrap Cup World finals. This vehicle wrap tournament has been going on for 3 years now and it all culminates next week at the finals.
For the last three years there have been qualifying competitions in Germany, Singapore, North America, Mexico, Spain, Brazil, and there will be a last chance qualifier in London before the final. The top 3 or 4 placers at each of these qualifiers is meeting in London to find out who truly is the best vehicle wrapper in the world.
The competition is based on a points system and you are scored on the quality of your installation first followed by how quickly you complete the tasks. It is solely based on installation of a vehicle wrap. Everyone gets the same design on the same car and the person who does it the best wins. There will be 4 of the exact same cars sitting there and up to 8 competitors in each round. In London it is a 3013 Mini Cooper Countryman. It is a relatively tough car to wrap and it is all going to come down to the quality of how the competitors wrap the door handles.
There are different rounds with different time frames to accomplish different tasks. For example the first round you just have to wrap the front fender in 30 minutes, the second round you wrap the rear fender in 20 minutes, the third round you wrap the front fender and door in 40 minutes, and the fourth round you wrap the whole side of the car in a 60 minute time limit.
That all sounds a little confusing but the bottom line is there is over $500,000 in prizes and the winner of the final can call themselves the world's best vehicle wrapper.

I am competing in three different competitions while there. I will be in the last chance qualifier for one day- really to get some time on the car and see what prizes I can win. Then there is a two day team competition in which I am teaming up with my good buddy from Atlanta. And finally the World Finals for two days.

The wife is coming along so it should be a great time. I'll have a couple extra days to get over the jet lag and do some sight seeing as well and I'm looking forward to that.

24 hour delay in Chicago = date night with the wife. American airlines can kiss my bass. When life gives you a lemon, cut it up and use it in your Corona at dinner.

Good Luck Bulldog.
I got faith in ya. I see ya had a problem with airline in Chicago, air travel sucks, thats my opinion.
Tim

Attachments

• CIGAR BARGE.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 2,193
I placed first in the London Wrap Cup, second in the team competition and the Grand Finale starts today. 15 competitors from 10 countries enter and after two rounds today, 6 advance to tomorrow. This is the best if the best from around the world and it is going to be tough.

I went in to round one today feeling like a turd and was not on my game. Somehow I managed to put together a good enough score to make it to round two with 8 others. Round two I laid down the best round of competition wrapping I have ever done and finished the day 20 points ahead of my nearest competitor. It is down to the final 6 best wrap installers in the world for the semi finals and only 3 make it to the finals. Tomorrow is the big day.

Latest posts