Beer Batter Salmon.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Salmon_Slayer_2008_Lund

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I thought I would share something really simple with you guys that turned to be my favourite batter.

Batter mix I used is - Rocky Madsen's Fish Crisp - Beer Batter

1 and a half pouches of the mix.
1 and a third of beer. (I prefer Molson Canadian. Has to be room temperature otherwise I find it not as carbonated. You can substitute your own beer. Darker beers have more flavour so experiment)
2x 12lb Salmon Fillets then cut into strips and pieces.
Fill up oil to half of your pan. (I use sunflower oil because its not as bad.)
I lightly coat the fish in the batter. Also make sure the oil is sizzling hot. If you have a deepfryer thats even better.

Here is pics.

200805131403370002mw4.jpg

200805131637570006jm8.jpg

200805132036460007vg0.jpg

Jim said:
Looks real good! thanks for the recipe. I always wanted to get a deep fryer.

I need a deep fryer as well. The beer batter will be 10 times better if it was deep fryed. You can get away with more batter and it will come alot more puffy and crispier. You don't have to flip them, just pull up that basket thing and shake em abit. 3 mins and their done. Imagine with Halibut or Cod.

I have a deep fryer and you have to be careful cuz everything you put in there turns out really good so it can get addictive.

I beer batter Crappie and Perch but never thought about Salmons. Sort of hard to tell in your picture, are those Kings (Chinook)? Nice fish.

My beer batter is just Aunt Jemima instant pancake mix and Coors Light.

flounderhead59 said:
I beer batter Crappie and Perch but never thought about Salmons. Sort of hard to tell in your picture, are those Kings (Chinook)? Nice fish.

My beer batter is just Aunt Jemima instant pancake mix and Coors Light.

Their good, believe me, and yes they are kings. 1 is 10lbs and the other is 12lbs.

I'll have to try that this year. There have already been some reports of 17# Kings so far this year. Hope I can get one like that.

Latest posts