Humminbird Problem

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FishingCop

Reaction score
Last post I asked and was advised to re-set all to factory settings because it seemed I was stuck at 30 feet (manual setting) no matter how deep I was.

Upon further use (all last week) the Humminbird Wide 100 doesn't seem to work at all. Can't find a factory re-set (downloaded the manual but it doesn't help).

Display just acts like a commercial for the thing - Jumps from 25-65 feet and anything in between, plus keeps showing fish at all levels constantly - just like a programed commercial for a display model. Transducer is mounted properly on bottom of trolling motor. There is no accuracy or consistency with the display at all....

Any thoughts? Send it in for repair? Throw in garbage??

Thanks

Sounds like a possible problem with the transducer?? Is there any cuts in the transducer cable?
Pop the head off the bracket and check the connections to make sure everything is re-seated.
If that doesnt work, hit up basspro for a sale and nuke that one on ebay as parts only, someone will buy it, i'm sure..

https://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_45175_200001001_200000000_200001000_200-1-1

sounds like it's stuck in simulator mode. When you first turn it on it should say < Start-up >, if it says < Simulator > then hit the left arrow button to get it back to Start-up and wait.

Latest posts