2nd annual 4th of July 2008 Tournament

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
God Bless America!

Dates: This Tournament is going to start Thursday July 3, 2008 at 8:00 PM and ends Sunday July 6, 2008 at 10:00 PM Eastern. That gives you 3 days to catch some fish.

Species:
Largemouth, Smallmouth Bass, and Spotted Bass

Bait used: ANYTHING LEGAL GOES (no snagging)

Rules:
For this Tournament,

Fish must be pictured next to a tape measure and include a Quarter or any silver color coin.

All fish pictures must be submitted to me via PM or email. THERE IS TO BE NO POSTING OF FISH CAUGHT DURING TOURNEY TIME IN THIS THREAD. There will be no talking about SPECIFICS of the fish you caught.

You have up until Sunday July 6, 2008 10:00 PM to submit to me your biggest fish.

Biggest fish wins! If they are close in measurement....Waterwings will decide the winner :mrgreen: .

Prizes: The winners gets a The highly sought after fancy plaque (LOL), and a couple of petty prizes....2 hard to find Sebile Magic Swimbaits in the color of my choice.

Read about them here: https://www.sebileusa.com/e_swimmer.html

FR-Sebile%20lures03.jpg

The Cut-off Date for New Members for this tournament will be May 31, 2008, And only active members can participate.

If you have any questions PM me.

Let's keep this thread tournament related.

Above all I reserve the right to change anything I want at anytime in regards to these Tournaments because.

And the Winner is: BLK fisher

blk_fisher ended up taking this one, what looked like to be just by an inch.

We had Entries By blk_fisher, Captain Ahab, bassaddcit, jkbirockz, pinball, and drobphilly.

I am not sure of blk_fishers exact fish measurements, but hopefully all the contestants can jump in and let us know sizes and baits used.

blk_fishers fish
blk_fisher1.JPG

blk_fisher2.JPG

Captain Ahabs fish....A VERY close second
normal_Esquired1.jpg

esquired2_%282%29.jpg

Bassaddict
bassaddict2.jpg

Pinball
Pinball.jpg

drobphilly
drobphilly.JPG

jkbirocz
jkbirocz.jpg

This one is officially in the books. I want to thank the members who participated. :beer:

Awesome, those lures are incredible in the water. My girlfriend has one and I am so tempted to use it when she's not around. I may even have a decent chance at this one, I know a nice spot that spot that opens up soon :D David or myself will be sure to catch a nice one there.

biggun79 said:
this sounds good can a new member enter

Only members who joined before May 31, 2008. There will be another one on Labor Day you can get in on as long as you are an active member (minimum 4 posts per month).

Can you announce the secret item earlier in the day?

That's prime night fishing time for smallmouth on KY Lake and if I get to go, I'll be on the water before you post the item.

Fishing there during the daylight hours on the busiest holiday weekend of the summer is pretty well out of the question.

Dude, I hope you dont take this the wrong way and its none of my business also I understand your delemma but we all have the same problem on that 4th of July Week-end, but Rules are Rules, I dont think Mr. Jim can make any exceptions nor should he, maybe someone could go on the site and call you with the item, sorry if I offended you, I didnt mean too. :)

I agree with Sir Shamoo!

But, I also have great sympathy for your situation Quackrstackr - if you IM me your cell phone number I will call you at 8 pm and let you know what the item is

Captain Ahab said:
I agree with Sir Shamoo!

But, I also have great sympathy for your situation Quackrstackr - if you IM me your cell phone number I will call you at 8 pm and let you know what the item is

I actually text messaged a member at 8pm for the last tournament.

This is what I like about Captain Ahab Esquired, quick thinking and always willing to help someone out, YOU DA MAN =D>

PROBLAMO SOLVED

Thanks, guys.

I will IM my cell # to the good Capt. and/or Jim for the secret item info on the 8th.

If you guys are like me, I would forget all about it by then. :lol:

I guess that I could just bring them all back to the house and check the site, then put them under the knife.... :shock:

MR. JIM did infact email me the secret item, but as usual no bites and crappy weather ...just my luck, oh by the way thanks Jim

Jim, it is possible to add a suggestion to the rules of this tourny. I understand that some people fish by themselves, and can not take a fish holding picture, but maybe for this contest there can be some sort of measurement scale next to the fish. This would make the final decision alot easier, and there would be no confusion or guessing as to who landed the biggest fish.

mr.fish said:
Jim, it is possible to add a suggestion to the rules of this tourny. I understand that some people fish by themselves, and can not take a fish holding picture, but maybe for this contest there can be some sort of measurement scale next to the fish. This would make the final decision alot easier, and there would be no confusion or guessing as to who landed the biggest fish.

Tape measure for the win!

Latest posts