Trolling motor troubles!!!!!!!!!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kentuckybassman

Reaction score
OK here's the deal.
I have a 24 volt tm and my other unit that I had before was 12 volt.
The 24 only has 2 wires black and red both are hot,my plug from the other tm has an orange(ground) red and black(both hot) since the tm is 24 volt what do I do with the ground(the orange one from plug) because if I just hook the red and black together the wires get pretty warm pretty quick if I stay on the tm.I need to figure this out pretty quick since I have a scheduled trip to Table Rock lake in two days :shock:

I would double check your wiring to the batteries, in a DC system black should always be negative (ground), it is possible someone wired it incorrectly in the past.

trying to do an attachment

Attachments

• 12-24Vwiring.jpg
    12-24Vwiring.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 1,695
Problem solved!! Thanks guys,(all of ya) I appreciate the fact I can go to this forum with a dumb question and get some intellegent answers :mrgreen: =D> Thanks again!!

Thats what this site is here for KBM, If you cant come to family with a question who can you go to? I dont know if you know this but when you joined the site you extended your family, so ask away my friend, ask away.

Latest posts