My first boat and V boat mod.

*****This section is for Full Boat Projects Only*****
You must be a registered user to be able to read the posts in this forum
Kevin D

Post by Kevin D »

Thanks for the tips, I do have a plan for the side rigidity and the foam. The floor is roughly 4' x 8' and 3" thick, I'm going to attach a sheet of plywood to the top side, flip it over and fill all the voids with expansion foam. Trim off the access and a 4' x 8' x 3" sheet of foam should suffice. Better than the two chunks of foam that was under the rear seats. I also have a bilge pump I'm going to install. As far as the side rigidity you'll have to wait to see what I'm gonna do for that. Besides, this boat was made in the late sixties early seventies, this is very rigid boat, thick strong aluminum made in America! And being in the Finger lakes area with small rivers and lakes the water is pretty mellow and I wont take it out in rough water. So don't worry my friends it will be solid as a barn beam before I put this in the water, I don't want to swim to shore. This might be my first boat but I didn't just fall off the turnip truck! LOL :D

Kevin D

Post by Kevin D »

Finished the bow casting/storage deck, made with repurposed materials.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Kevin D

Post by Kevin D »

Here's a few pics of my progress, rear deck, bilge pump and carpet. Bolted down the seats.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Insanity

Post by Insanity »

Very nice. Where did you find the camo carpet?
Insanity State of being Mentally Ill, Foolish and sometimes Irrational with a touch of Madness!

Kevin D

Post by Kevin D »

Thanks dude, I was gonna do it all in the gray carpet, then one day while walking through the automotive section at Wal-mart. I come across some 3' x 5' rolls of camo carpet. Not really carpet, but thick felt. It's 12 bucks a roll and 2 rolls did the job. Works great for what I did with it.

Kevin D

Post by Kevin D »

Just about finished with this mod, made some rod holders and installed a anchor mate. Stumbled across a 50 lb thrust minn kota on clearance at Wal-mart for 150.00. Can't wait till spring! :D

Kier

Post by Kier »

Well done. Like the layout

ccm

Post by ccm »

Kier wrote:Well done. Like the layout
+1 Should be an excellent boat for years to come.

Kevin D

Post by Kevin D »

Here she is, the Delyghte is ready to go on the water. Taking her out in the morning(4/18). Excited to she how she performs.

Insanity

Post by Insanity »

Bet that's the same stuff I put in my boat only I used the grey. Because that was one of the colors auto zone had. And then they stopped selling the grey before I finished the back half of the boat.
Thanks for the reply. Now I no who my have some more grey or heck I may redo the hole thing in Camo. :mrgreen:

I'm Not going this morning. Been walking around kicking the trailer tires all morning trying to decided if I wanted to hook her up. And finally decided the water is to muddy and it has droped two inches over night ( according to the dam web site ) it's also the calm after a week long storm. Blue bird skies.
So il save my money for another day.

Let me be the first in line. So how'd she float? [-o<
Insanity State of being Mentally Ill, Foolish and sometimes Irrational with a touch of Madness!

muzikman
Donor

Post by muzikman »

Everything looks great!
"Religion is a guy in church thinkin' 'bout fishin';
relationship is a guy out fishin' thinkin' 'bout God."

1983 MIRROCRAFT 14FT
1964 EVINRUDE 3 HP
1975 PFLUEGER M-12 20-SPD
1982 SHORELANDER TADPULL

Kevin D

Post by Kevin D »

Well, I had her out on the Seneca River, she floats nice, stable in the water! Everything out of the way so I can fish, I'd say my mods are a success, even fixed the small leak, she's dry as a bone. I think I'm gonna have to get a more powerful motor. The old Eska starts and runs good, but doesn't seem to peak out when it's on the boat. I went through it last winter, (new head gasket, plug, fuel lines and shut off valve, carb kit, gaskets, impeller) it has good compression and when in a barrel of water it peaks out fine. I adjusted it on the boat, but still not peaking like it does in the barrel. must be too much mass and too little horsepower. It gets me there but slowly. I did have fun, even caught a nice northern. :D