Tracker Seadoo Jet Jon Build

bdeemo

Post by bdeemo »

Didn't like the way trimming around the tracker decals came out, so I took them off and repainted the sides. Then got the boat registered and put the CF numbers on
IMG_2084.JPG
Decided to bedliner the interior, here are floor and side kits prepped for paint
IMG_2086.JPG
IMG_2087.JPG
IMG_2088.JPG
IMG_2089.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

bdeemo

Post by bdeemo »

Did a gray base bedliner, then sprayed a speckle of white over it.
IMG_2093.JPG
Came out good!!!
Then did decals on side, and hydro turf on back deck.
IMG_2091.JPG
IMG_2092.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

bdeemo

Post by bdeemo »

Now that the interior is done, I decided to take it to the lake. Unfortunately I couldn't get it running in the driveway first. So I've got some questions, since no one on PWCToday can seem to help.

I rebuilt top end, ran nicely. I blipped throttle with water hose hooked up for cooling, and it died. I tried to quickly disconnect hose before it filled up, but im afraid I got some water in there. I'm aware of how to get water out of a PWC so I took plugs out, turned over alternating my thumb in each plug hole, and sprayed plugs off with carb cleaner and put back in starting with choke on full and throttle on full. Repeated this process like 30 times. Still wouldn't start. Somewhere along the way something happened, because now what happens is this:

Doesn't seem to want to fire.
I have spark on both plugs
If I pour a capfull of gas in each cylinder, no change. Same with starter fluid. I feel like theres some water residue dirtying the plugs or something. I also heard that this ski, 717 rotax, is known for weak spark. I'm thinking of replacing my spark plug wires.

I just rebuilt both carbs and still same problem. One of the carbs had a bit of rust inside.

Ideas?

CedarRiverScooter

Post by CedarRiverScooter »

How is the compression?

bdeemo

Post by bdeemo »

CedarRiverScooter wrote:How is the compression?
135 in both, thats with new rings and a hone

brianb2247

Post by brianb2247 »

do you have a mikuni sb or sbn carb, if so remove it with all hoses still hooked up . turn over the engine is fuel dripping from bottom of carb while trying to start it

brianb2247

Post by brianb2247 »

if so its a engine issue, if it isnt it is a carb problem

brianb2247

Post by brianb2247 »

if its a carb issue your carb is dirty or your pop off pressure is too high

brianb2247

Post by brianb2247 »

if its engine make sure you have spark, you already say you have comp. good luck

windvision

Post by windvision »

Hmmmm. I would check the flywheel to make sure you have not sheared the key. If you have spark and have introduced gasoline into the cylinders, it should fire, given you have compression. Just my 2 cents.

bdeemo

Post by bdeemo »

Thanks guys! What is the key? That's a good idea to check carbs with them out

amk

Post by amk »

I have a thread on pwctoday in yamaha it's called yamaha 64x rebuild attempt. Mine did something similar. Pulled flywheel to find key sheared.

amk

Post by amk »

Here are a couple pics. Also don't order a pwc flywheel fuller just go to oreilys and rent a harmonic balancer puller much easier. There are you tube vids and a good one on the sbt website in the forum tech videos to pull it if you haven't done so before.

bdeemo

Post by bdeemo »

I'll try and rule some things out before I suspect the key being sheared. How do you know if its sheared? Only by taking it apart and looking? What does a sheared key actually do to the engine?

amk

Post by amk »

it connects the flywheel to crank and magneto stator times the flywheel so if key is sheared it will just spin flywheel and cant really turn over engine well or timed. Its really easy to check It would take you about 15 minutes to find out if keys shear'd