v hull trolling motor

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brianlt21

Reaction score
I have a old 40# trolling motor and just got a new boat v-hull boat I really want to mount my trolling motor on the front of the boat what is needed to do this and also where do I find it?

trolingmotor.jpg

https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3835

brian,

Post a pic or two of the boat and there'll be plenty of suggestions from the members. Hard to say how to mount it if we don't know what the bow looks like (front deck/no front deck, etc). Tiller-type or foot-controlled tm?

If you have a transom mount trolling motor and want to change it to a bow mount it might be able to be done.I did it to an old stealth motorguide and know of people that did it as well to theres,just make sure theres enough slack in your wires when you turn the head around and watch where you drill if you have to drill in the shaft(watch where your filings go to).For a quick bow mount just take a 2by6(app 3foot)notch the angle of your bow and on the overhang attach the trolling motor:2+6.jpgI used that on a canoe,until I got a foot control I used a peice of aluminum angle iron bent with 2by4 attached for the trolling motor:mount.jpg used stainless bolts with wing nuts attached it the the gunnel strip on my jon boat.Theres all kinds of mods that you can check out,find one you like and give er a try.