Buzzbait rod

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
What rod strength you guys use for Buzzbaits? Medium Heavy? I have a medium heavy I could use for Buzzbaits and Spinnerbaits. No sense in buy a rod for either technique, I dont do enough of each to warrant the purchase.

I use a medium heavy with medium action- but i am with you, very rarely throw those things.

On a related note - I do have a few FINE buzzbaits and spinner baits from PC Baits - they are freaking works of art and run better then any of the store bought crap out there

PC_bait_006.jpg

I use a 7' med for both I also like a fast tip on the rod.. I throw them over the grass with a dropping tide

Jim said:
What rod strength you guys use for Buzzbaits? Medium Heavy? I have a medium heavy I could use for Buzzbaits and Spinnerbaits. No sense in buy a rod for either technique, I dont do enough of each to warrant the purchase.

Couple lines of thoughts on those two techniques.

Many prefer a fast action rod for the two.

Many subscribe to the theory of a more moderate action rod for any moving bait presentation.

I tend to subscribe to the later.

St. Croix's MHM is a good rod for both techniques. As is the Loomis CB845. Step down one power (MM or 843) if you typically throw smaller stuff and/or don't fish in a lot of cover. Step up a power (HM or 847) for big stuff and really heavy cover.

Loomis CB blanks are a bit faster than the St. Croix M's.

If you prefer fast action rods, then something like the C70MF or MB843 are good choices.

Mattman said:
Jim said:

Couple lines of thoughts on those two techniques.

Many prefer a fast action rod for the two.

Many subscribe to the theory of a more moderate action rod for any moving bait presentation.

I tend to subscribe to the later.

St. Croix's MHM is a good rod for both techniques. As is the Loomis CB845. Step down one power (MM or 843) if you typically throw smaller stuff and/or don't fish in a lot of cover. Step up a power (HM or 847) for big stuff and really heavy cover.

Loomis CB blanks are a bit faster than the St. Croix M's.

If you prefer fast action rods, then something like the C70MF or MB843 are good choices.

I love it when you talk all technical :wink:

Thanks for the info guys!

Latest posts