Bass Track 17' outboard jet project

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lonedrake

Reaction score
Started a new project today. Traded my 1448 stick steer Jon for a Tracker tournament TXS. I kept the 40/30 Mercury jet and have already installed it on the Bass Tracker. Took it for a test run and surprisingly it ran the same speed on the heavier boat as it did with the 14 foot flat bottom. I've started tearing down the boat to build it back like I want it. This thing had about 200 pounds of wet foam under the rear deck ! Good job tracker !IMG_1144.JPGIMG_1145.JPGIMG_1148.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eb9c6cc0d48b0624d3543b19d711f336.jpg

Now.... what to do with all this space.

Looks like an interesting project and I hope it turns out just like you want. Interesting about the wet foam....the welder who did work on my boat swears that the thing is carrying 500lbs more than it should be and that wet foam is the cause. While I'm not looking forward to the removal process, it will be a relief to get it out. Wet faom is a problem in a lot of older boats....even though it is supposedly "closed cell", it still absorbs water. By chance, what tools and methods did you use to get rid of it? I've heard of guys using pruning saws, drywall saws and even plumbing snakes.

I just chipped off small chunks with the claw hammer. The foam that was in this boat was completely soaked with water. I actually pulled the hull off the trailer and flipped it over by myself this afternoon. It's amazing how light the bare hull is.

Latest posts