New 60/40 etec

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikea

Reaction score
Any one hear anything on the new 60/40 etec? Looks to be 247lb, I'm guessing medium pump.

If your talking about the 2 cylinder 60/40 it uses a large pump where the 40 and 50hp models both use a medium pump. The 60hp has something different with the exhaust compared to the 40 and 50. They offer a 60hp high output now which is a detuned 90hp so it would be a 60/40 with a pump.

Am I reading the spec right on the 2016 offering, 247lb for the 60/40?

The website is deceiving. If you read the jet supplement or owners manual for the 60/40 etec jet it says the weight with the jet pump is like 260+

I called Evinrude this past spring to ask what size pump they use on the 60/40 etec since now they are offering it with a factory installed pump and she told me after getting with tech support that it was a medium pump.

Tbradley said:
I called Evinrude this past spring to ask what size pump they use on the 60/40 etec since now they are offering it with a factory installed pump and she told me after getting with tech support that it was a medium pump.
Thats dissapointing, Merc runs the large pump at the same weight for less money.

Tbradley said:
Well after checking Outboard Jets website it seems they're showing it's still the large pump. Looks like a call to Outboard Jets is needed to confirm this.

Yeah looks like the large pump. Wonder how this engine would compare with the Merc 60/40 4S. I feel like the E-TEC would have better performance all around.