48/50 Evinrude Jet

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blue Dawg

Reaction score
Who has any experience with mid to late '90s Evinrude jet? Looking at one to repower my tin. Reliability, performance, reliability, ease of maint and repair? Let me know please

Dawg

I am a huge fan of 70's-90's Rudes. I'd buy one fast if it was in good shape. Take her for a test run and perform a compression test and go from there.

The two cylinder and three cylinder omc (evinrude/johnson) engines were some of the best two stroke engines. I'm partial to omc though, but if you can get it for a good price and it's the right size engine for your boat and it's good shape they're great engines if taken care of like anything else. If it has vro oil injection ditch it and just premix that is what killed a lot of the 90's omc the oil injection quit working operator didn't know and burned up the engine. Premixing is a little bit of a pain but you know it has oil mix that way less to go wrong. Remember KISS when it comes to boats

Latest posts