Looking for a Legit, Authentic, Easy jambalaya recipe

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
:LOL2:
I want an authentic, fairly easy, authentic,jambalaya recipe to try. I don't want a cut and past google search, I want your secret recipe. :lol:

I promise to give you credit if the they throw me over their shoulders and parade me around town as the unsung jambalaya king. :D

Here's some I have tried with good results. You will have to figure out the sequence of the pictures, there are multiple recipes and I printed them out and taped them together. I got them from another forum and they were highly praised. Me being from DFW, jambalaya is not in my DNA.

Here is a website also for calculating the ingredients if you want to make more or less.

There is no such thing as a quick and easy jambalaya recipe, the secret is in the boil.

https://www.jambalayacalculator.com

fae5719db8ce5c4e9b301d598ea7a9fa.jpg

f89caccb5fb3ee9bb00e36a8fe16856f.jpg

f5a4451b5a886d94f645aca41ca7e6af.jpg

3f942c187509493f751eaadc66e65408.jpg

01c1bc0367d9da547010465f6c9575da.jpg

643671df1aaa659fbe0983bd4d4b7b99.jpg

Above isn't a bad recipe. Except cut the **** tomato's out!! Tomato's don't have any place in Cajun cooking!

It's best to follow a recipe the first time, then tweak and make it your own.

I have a big Dutch oven I use.

I start with two yellow onions, one or two bell peppers, and some celery stalks and garlic. And a little butter or oil. Cook down until onions are clear then remove,.

Throw in meat, sausage, whatever seasoning, and cook until almost done, add back in the vegetables. Add a little broth and bring to a good simmer for a bit.

Then add in the rice. Make sure you add enough liquid so the rice is about knuckle deep. Then drop burner to low and cover pot. Open and roll the rice every 15-20 minutes until you're Done.

I always season the meat as it cooks, but go a little easy, wait until it's completely done, taste test it, and add more seasoning if needed. I use Tony chacheries herbs and spices and pepper.

Good luck. Jambalaya is one of the easiest Cajun dishes and it's my favorite! Everybody makes it a little different.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Latest posts