Repairing Keel; Where Aluminum Creates Bow

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BassnFool

Reaction score
Hello Everyone.
I’ve been lurking on this site for a few months now, and I’m amazed at how well your modifications have come together. It inspired me to fish more electric lakes and pick up a cheap jon boat for this season until I can save up for a new boat next year.

So in the meantime I picked up what I thought was a nice boat and realized what a piece of junk it really is. I just water tested it and of course it leaks. This is a 1972 Alum craft Scout and is leaking in the keel where it meets the separated aluminum to bend in the bow. Whoever owned this boat before me filled it with caulk and it was a horrible job. I have since removed the caulk ready to prep to repair.

I’m going to post some photos and hopefully some of you can help me come up with a solution on this leak I’m having. I have read gluvit, coat-it, and other epoxy; but I do not know if it would work on a gap this large.
After this is fixed I plan on just building a deck to fish (nothing fancy), and maybe install a livewell for the few tournaments that I would join. Thanks for looking and I’m looking forward to hear any advice.

I just realized that I posted this in the wrong section. Hopefully a mod could move.
Thanks

Latest posts