UHMW Intake (Decided not to Sell)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wish you were selling this back when I bought mine little over a year ago. I don't run it all the time but like when I go to places I know hits are inevitable of or I'm going through unfamiliar waters where I know I might hit something.

LarryMc said:
It uses a drop in liner.

Where are intakes like the one you were trying to sell sold? Was that custom made or is there a company that stocks them?

Thanks!

I may decide to sell it again soon. I was thinking about using it if I got a 90 hp 2S and converted it to a jet. Now that I've decided to go to a 60/45 2S, I may not want the UHMW intake.

Why wouldn't you guys want to run it all the time? I have one on my 60/45 and like it. I haven't noticed any problems with it. I bumped it the other day and it was a strange soft sort-of mushy bump and the shoe looks exactly the same.

I lost 1-2 MPH at WOT and had a lot of spray on my old 2S 60/40 with the UHMW intake. Couldn't afford to lose any more speed on the 4S so I never put it on. I plan to try the intake again when I get the 2S 60/45. Will decide then whether or not to run it.

Latest posts