Greasing Problem 2013 Mercury 60/40 Jet

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retired11

Reaction score
I pulled off the vent hose and started greasing the lower unit and normally after a couple shots with the grease gun, grease starts coming out the vent hose. I gave it a few more pumps and nothing, I took a look on the other side and all the grease was coming out the small vent hole. About a couple tablespoons of grease came out the small vent hole.

Anyone have any clues about what might be happening, this has never happened before....

No expert on this, but you may have damaged the seal around the bearing, or it just went bad. They tell you to use a very low pressure grease pump, or if using a grease gun to very gently pump the grease into the fitting or you risk rupturing the seal due to too much pressure.
I would take a look at that seal.

Does sound like a blowed out seal. Grease guns build too much pressure. Have to be very careful with them and pump slow. The low pressure plunger type with the tubes are the best to use, very hard to damage the seal with them.

Latest posts