Waterproof Busbar for battery relocation

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tucker99

Reaction score
I plan on moving the battery to the bow. The positive line will terminate at a battery switch on the transom and I need a bus bar for the negatives. The only accessories are fish finder and bilge pump. The boat stays in the water all season. None of the busbars I've seen are water proof. The Blue Seas battery switch isn't much better but does shield the terminals from direct weather. The marine busbars I'm seeing just have a surface cover to avoid contact. So it's safe to assume electrical contacts aren't effected by rain? Thanks...

FWIW on all my boats, fresh or salt, I'll mount something like that in a 'Tupperware' type box with removable cover. Mount the box to the bulkhead and drill holes in the sides and insert rubber grommets to protect and seal the wiring, add liquid e-tape as may be needed. Complete work and snap on the cover - done.

Works SLICK! Have never had any electrical issue nor as much as a blown fuse or other in any of my boats, in 30+ years of rigging my own in this or similar manner.

Latest posts