"axle" help

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

F_joey

Reaction score
So I'm tearing down the trailer slowly to get the old rust and paint off so I can paint it. To make it easier and a more complete job I wanted to take off I guess what you could call an "axle" but I can't figure out how. The hole in the end doesn't seem to be big enough to have a bolt inside it. Anyone know how to get the arm out of the welded sleeve?
9ef15781aa07be4fdd9ac58c9a76ef2d.jpg
9c125316b9112c94f66f6a2e3813cfef.jpg
2112162e81c9e0d9cce5700a3d83115a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

I've never seen one like that.
Is there a reason why you rebuilding that trailer? If you need parts are you going to be able to find them.

Well rebuild might not be the best term. I'll try to put new wheels on it. But it will for sure get completely sanded down and repainted, new lights, bunks, winch. I'd like to get all the parts off so it's a better paint job.

Turns out there were two little Allen head screws on the outer end of the shaft that connects to the trailer that were covered in gunk and grease. Found them while wire wheel cleaning it.

I traded a canoe I got for free for this so I'm going to try to fix up the trailer and paind and put a small beck in the boat and trade for a little bigger boat that needs work