Front deck casting seat choices

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ktoelke54

Reaction score
I’m considering adding a casting / butt seat to the front deck of my 1648. What I’d like is one of those smallish partial seats on an adjustable pedestal. It would serve as a leaning post or a place to just take a little load off the feet and add enough stability to make operating the foot controls trolling motor easier.

I looked over the selection offered online and noticed several different systems. My first priority would be durability followed closely by comfort and ease of use.

I’d be willing to spend a little more to get a system that checked all three boxes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just ordered a Tempress casting seat, going to install on the front deck. Will update with my thoughts on it when I get it.

I bought 1 from bass boat seats....looks nice but i have yet to try it...

Made a quick video about the Tempress Guide Series Casting Seat.

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utgtskzs2ms[/media]

Haven't used it yet, so no "comfort" opinions yet.

I opted for a 3/4" threaded pin post on my 14' Starcraft, with a Bass Pro Shops Pointman Pedestal Butt Seat. It's been sturdy and comfortable, and it's not as bulky as some other styles, which was important because I have a small boat and small deck and I didn't want it taking up too much space. The pedestal, which I believe was also Bass Pro Shops, has a wide variety of height adjustment options. I'm 6'0" and 190lbs and it works great for me. I can't speak to other pedestal/seat styles, but I have no complaints.

Attachments

• Attachment-1.jpeg
    Attachment-1.jpeg
    130.4 KB · Views: 319

Latest posts