Battery trashed?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

z33tec

Reaction score
So I may have finally figured out why my battery kept going low. After sitting for about a month due to weather and not having time, I went to check my battery and it read 0.02. Basically dead as a doornail.

I searched for anything that could be causing a parasitic drain and finally found that the radio was just barely clicked on. A radio I never use mind you, so the kids were probably messing around.

That said, is this brand new starting battery trashed since it drained so low and it's a starting not a deep cycle battery?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Probably not trashed, especially if it's a relatively new battery. It will probably have a shorter overall life though.

My truck has a problem where the key can come out when it's in the ACC position. I use it only occasionally, and while I know the issue, I have relatives who will use it and don't know about the problem. I've probably run that battery fully down at least 4 or 5 times over 3 or 4 years. It still works and holds a charge fine for now. I doubt it will last 9 or 10 years, and I just need to keep an eye on it.

Good luck!

kofkorn said:
Probably not trashed, especially if it's a relatively new battery. It will probably have a shorter overall life though.

My truck has a problem where the key can come out when it's in the ACC position. I use it only occasionally, and while I know the issue, I have relatives who will use it and don't know about the problem. I've probably run that battery fully down at least 4 or 5 times over 3 or 4 years. It still works and holds a charge fine for now. I doubt it will last 9 or 10 years, and I just need to keep an eye on it.

Good luck!

Cool, that's reassuring. I got it on the charger now so we will see!

z33tec said:
So I may have finally figured out why my battery kept going low. After sitting for about a month due to weather and not having time, I went to check my battery and it read 0.02. Basically dead as a doornail.

I searched for anything that could be causing a parasitic drain and finally found that the radio was just barely clicked on. A radio I never use mind you, so the kids were probably messing around.

That said, is this brand new starting battery trashed since it drained so low and it's a starting not a deep cycle battery?

A good reason to have a battery switch.

Latest posts