Led flood light

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

catsmith

Reaction score
Looking for recommendations please. I want to put a small, non over compensating light on the front of my 1954 feather craft. I really want the smallest package possible with enough light to do some good at night running the river. (Think 1980s q-beam level of light.) I don't need daylight. What works for you?

Thanks!

Yes I have done searches but technology is changing fast and I am looking for current products.

catsmith said:
Looking for recommendations please. I want to put a small, non over compensating light on the front of my 1954 feather craft. I really want the smallest package possible with enough light to do some good at night running the river. (Think 1980s q-beam level of light.) I don't need daylight. What works for you?

Thanks!

Yes I have done searches but technology is changing fast and I am looking for current products.

I would probably start with one of those LED light bars from Ebay or Amazon. They really make an amazing amount of light for what they are. Some of them have different color modes so you can change to a color that is easier on the eyes at night, just be aware of your local laws, probably shouldn't run around flashing red and blue. :mrgreen:

Will be interested in what you come up with . . . I've tried adding lights to my tin but had trouble with the light bouncing off the inside of the hull making it almost impossible to see ahead. Even with a handheld Q-beam I have to hold it outside the hull and off to the side to see anything. Maybe I need something more focused.

I use an Auxbeam LED lightbar I ordered off of amazon for under $30. It is mounted using a RAM mount so it's easily removable and adjustable. It's a spot/flood combo. You get a nice flood pattern on the outside lighting up each side, and spots in the middle so you can see ahead. The key to not getting light reflected back is having your light mounted as far forward as possible like I did.

I use this same setup on my old 1648 jon and my new Tracker. I installed a 12v socket that it plugs in to and I can turn it on/off using a switch at the drivers seat.

https://www.amazon.com/Auxbeam-Waterproof-Off-Road-Military-Equipment/dp/B00T7GYDTC

20180506_143935_resized_1.jpg
20180506_144245_resized_1.jpg
20200920_104325.jpg

I use YITAMOTOR LED boat light. These bright LED boat lights feature a die-cast aluminum housing that makes them exceedingly sturdy and durable to withstand harsh environments. Ease of installation is made possible by the adjustable mounting accessories provided. Therefore, anyone including amateurs can install the LED light bars without requiring an expert.

Latest posts