Woodwork.

Anything you do off the water can go here. Racing, Modeling, collecting? Talk about it here.
catsmith

Woodwork.

Post by catsmith »

Wait till winter really works on boats. I just got a well taken care of 2013 tracker pro 165 yesterday for probably 2000 less than it would have been a couple months ago.

LDUBS

Woodwork.

Post by LDUBS »

I am going to build a pantry for my daughter's kitchen. I was looking on line for paint grade cabinet ply at the big boxes. Prices are shocking. I guess I'm not saying anything everyone doesn't already know.
Have Rod - Will Fish

poorthang

Woodwork.

Post by poorthang »

Jim wrote: 06 Apr 2021, 07:06 I wonder how much longer before the price of wood starts to come back down.
this recession will cure it. people already bailing on the new home builds. plywood is only half what is was a few months ago, but still 4 times higher than it was before , well, you know. i am fixed income, and have been waiting for long time to build a deck. gonna be waiting a little longer. may as well go fishing!

GTS225

Woodwork.

Post by GTS225 »

I'm speculating, but sure this has something to do with it.
I'm getting soooo tired of hearing that the supply is "sitting on a container ship off of the Los Angeles port". :x

(And it doesn't matter what you're trying to buy.)

Rant over.....Roger

LDUBS

Woodwork.

Post by LDUBS »

The plywood I bought had "Ecuador" stamped on the edge. I paid $76/sheet. Two years ago that would have been in the $40 neighborhood for similar stuff. To be fair, so far, other than the cost, I'm pretty happy with it.
Have Rod - Will Fish