Lowrance Hook7 shot w gps plotter- GPS blank

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marlattrr

Reaction score
I just bought this and its great but the GPS map is blank. Theres no map. I understand it doesnt have charts but it doesnt even show that theres water on large sized lakes

Is that normal? How do i fix?

I had a similar problem with my hook - it showed the map but never changed. The map was centered on the cursor. My fix was - From the map page, hit the menu button and select "center on boat".

I cant find center on boat but i think my cursor is centered. Even if I zoom out theres no map at all.

Attachments

• 2596D220-6C4D-49CD-8735-1F3BFDD06E44.jpeg
    2596D220-6C4D-49CD-8735-1F3BFDD06E44.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 587
Okay i dont see any menu for the gps page other than settings. I dont see return to boat but i can go on and off the cursor. It just seems like i have no preloaded map at all.

Im definitely on the boat. The arrow turns when I turn.

I called Lowrance. I guess this model doesn’t have any kind of map. You can mark a spot and navigate to it but no map at all.

Must be you can add some mapping/navigation charts (otherwise why have a GPS plotter). I use Navionics charts with my Humminbird Helix. They actually came with the unit as part of a package. So, not sure of the cost if I added them myself.

Hope you get it figured out.

According to the Lowrance lady i cant add maps. My solution is going to be to use my old 4xHDI as my gps and map and run the hook 7 for my sonar.

The hook reveal has something about adding structure to your GPS page too. I havent tried it yet but just enabled it.

These new fishfinders need a 5 day/8hr course on how to operate them.

I know exactly what you mean. When I was trying to educate myself before buying my Humminbird, half the descriptive wording was meaningless to me. I wish it was as simple as:

"Will this show fish?".
"Yes".
"OK, I'll buy".

:LOL2:

Latest posts