Kobalt 24volt cordless tools

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lckstckn2smknbrls

Reaction score
The time finely came where I had to change my cordless tool brand.
I have been a Sears Craftsman tool user for more then 50 years. I have been using the Craftsman 19.2 cordless long before the C3's came out. last year one of my drills died and with the sale of Craftsman I knew I was going to be looking at changing my cordless tools line. A few days ago another Craftsman C3 drill let out the smoke, leaving me with a 1/4" impact driver, a reciprocating saw and a 6.5" circular saw all of which are getting old but work well. Last year I needed a string trimer and blower to keep at my moms house. The Kobalt set was very highly rated so I picked up the combo pack and have been very happy with them. Still not sure which brand I was going to go with for tools. Lowes has the Kobalt 24volt XTR 5 tool set on sale for$399.00, $100 off and one of my nephews now works at Lowes with his employ discount the decision was made much easier.
I'm now going full Kobalt 24volt cordless tools.

So far I have drilled a couple of pilot holes and drove a couple of Spax screws.
I'm happy!

Ive owned the kobalt 24v drill and impact driver combo set for about 3 years now and they have been great. They work well with no issues and they have really good battery life. Speaking of the batteries, a big draw for me was the cost of additional batteries. They are pretty cheap for the medium size ones especially compared to the dewalts.

As much as I liked them, I never bought any more tools for them for some reason. I tend to prefer a corded skillsaw and then I use cheap corded harbor freight tools for the other stuff. I did buy a Kobalt 24v fan though, which arrived today. It has a misting feature where it can attach to a 5 gal bucket and draw up water to mist in front of the fan. Should be nice for the kids cooling off at baseball and football games/practice.

Craftsman didn't really sell out, they just lost the "Only available at Sears" account. They are 100% owned by Stanley, Black & Decker Corp. Yes, you're thinking of the same. They also own Kobalt, Husky, MAC, MATCO (MAC Allied Tool CO), Proto, Irwin, Lennox, Stanley, Black & Decker, Bosch, Porter Cable and DeWalt to name a few.

I have had Kobalt 24Volt tools for about 7-8 years now. I was also a Craftsman cordless tool guy but the tools kept going bad on me. I had 4 drills, 3 impact drivers and about 5 flashlights quit on me. I moved to Dewalt. It was a good set for as much as I used it but was stolen by a coworker. Then I switched to Kobalt. I have the drill, 3/8" impact gun, 1/2" impact gun, drill driver, jobsite blower, and 5 batteries. I had another battery but it went bad. That is the only problem I have had which is good in my book for as much as I use them and I use them a lot.

Latest posts