1956 Evinrude Sportwin 10 parts list and diagrams

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carlasdaddy3

Reaction score
I just got a good deal on a 1956 model 10012 10hp Evinrude that I want to re-build. Does anybody know where I can get a parts list and diagrams for this motor? Please don't tell me marineengine.com because the link they have doesn't work anymore.

Had this on file. I'll keep my eyes open. GREAT engine.

https://goneoutdoors.com/10-hp-johnson-specifications-7548343.html

Be well and safe.

Oops, OK, here's another good site. I'll keep adding as I come across them.

https://www.leeroysramblings.com/johnson_QD.htm

Parts books for these are usually available on Ebay. That will get you going. Quite a few of the part numbers will have superceded so keep that in mind.
If your engine has good compression and it probably does there will be no need to rebuild. All normal service/wear parts will have to be looked at and probably replaced at this point.
That engine has to be run on a 24/1 mixture. It is a plain bearing engine.
Check out the thread on the old 35hp a few threads down from this. I outlined what has to be looked at and serviced in order to successfully bring a vintage back into service properly.

I just went with Marineengine.com parts list for a 1958 for part numbers. They do have a list of parts for older motors on there brp parts catalog. Just finished getting a 10014 1956 Evinrude going. Great motor!

Attachments

• IMG_1787.JPG
    IMG_1787.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 462
My go to motor.. always starts... runs all day on 5 gallons.... goes plenty fast enough on the wakeboard infested lakes I have to fish around me.....

IMG_E3367.JPG

[attachment=1]56 Evinrude 10 Horse Parts 10012 10013.PDF[/attachment

Attachments

• 56 Evinrude 10 Horse Parts 10012 10013.PDF
    3.5 MB · Views: 35
Growing up we had a 1959 Evinrude 10hp, it lasted until the mid 90's when it burnt in a Shed Fire. That thing always started first/second pull, regardless if it was 90 degrees in the summer or 30 degrees Duck Hunting.

The only issue was the steel twistgrip (the kind that you could snap an extension into) would give you Spark Plug shocks at 3/4 throttle. Eventually we just grounded the motor to the boat and all was great.