7.5hp chrysler lower unit removal

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jamesd4801

Reaction score
I have a 7.5hp chrysler motor. Trying to remove the prop shaft. removed the 4 hex head screws and cant seem to get it out . Is there a special tool needed for that? It doesnt look like it is threaded in. There are two holes one at top and one at the bottom that look like they are threaded. Any help would be wonderful. Thank you.

You may need to disassemble a bit farther before the propshaft will come out. You normally have a forward and reverse gear plus a clutch dog on the shaft as well as a pinion coming down from above. Depending on how the assembly is put together you may have to pull the driveshaft, etc. first.
Take a look on youtube or other sources as well. The Chrysler is not covered in here a bunch.....sorry!

I didnt know if it would slide out from there. brother used the motor and hit a sand bar and now the prop wont spin. Thinking it is the spline gear. well the pinion gear coming down on the drive shaft from the power head. I havent worked on a lot of Chrysler motors. Thanks for the advice.

Latest posts