Great American Outdoor Show

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We've been there several times. We don't usually do any of the special evening events - but have a couple of times. I prefer to pick a day in the middle of the week and be there when the doors open. Weekends are packed and even week days get packed by noon.

There's a solid 4-6 hours of stuff to see if you're just wandering around.

The International Sportsman's Expo is coming back this year on Jan 20 -23 in Sacramento CA. I typically go to drool over the pricy boats and load up on tackle. This year my youngest son, who lives and works in France, is coming home for a visit during that same time, so I don't plan on going.

Ldubs? from what I've gathered over the years, you could hold your own "Slightly used" boat and tackle show at home. That way, your son could help out.

Just sayin'

Have a good visit.

Last time I went a couple of years ago it's was definately lacking fishing stuff but I did get some great socks.

Not sure if I'll go this year. Not paranoid but trying to avoid really large crouds.

Kismet said:
Ldubs? from what I've gathered over the years, you could hold your own "Slightly used" boat and tackle show at home. That way, your son could help out.

Just sayin'

Have a good visit.

Thanks. He misses fishing (not much opportunity around Paris). We will definitely spend some time out on the water while he is here!

Running a bait and tackle shop would be an appealing way to spend some time! I was at the local sportsman's warehouse with a gift card the other day. The shelves were pretty light of merchandise. Even with that it didn't take much to rack of $50 worth of crap (er, essential fishing tackle - haha).

beetlespin said:
Last time I went a couple of years ago it's was definately lacking fishing stuff but I did get some great socks.

Not sure if I'll go this year. Not paranoid but trying to avoid really large crouds.

The sportsman's Expo in Sacramento is going to require proof of vaccination or negative test. They won't be doing any crowd limits beyond the capacity of the venue which would be thousands. Now that you mention it, I have the same feeling about large crowds. Didn't think about it before.

Well, we’re off to the show and spend some money we don’t have. LOL!

We have a seven hour drive ahead of us, but I love going to this show to be honest.
We will spend all day there tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really really want this……

3955e546ff42ef2a66eacb615d90157b.jpg

0cd542313ccf791fae4a688eeb0e9bdb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or, you could try one of the great male rationalizations of many years past in my life:

"Hey Man, Chicks will dig it !!"

Latest posts