Editing a Post

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gogittum

Reaction score
The last couple of posts I've made, in reply to others' posts, have gone thru OK, as in the Grandfather/Grandson project here. Then I tried to edit the posts and was able to add text.

When I click submit now, I get a red banner at the top of the page saying I must input a reason for the edit. ????? I see nowhere to add a reason and haven't had to do so in the past. When all done, the edit isn't in the final result. What gives ??

The reason box is at the bottom of the post....scroll down. Dumb, I know. There is no way to turn it off either, I looked everywhere in the control panel.

This must be a new "feature" of the forum software and not a change I made. My apologies.

Let me see if our guy can do something from the back end. Stay tuned.

Jim

Thanks for fixing Jim! I was wondering what was going on with that.

Now we've got that out of the way, maybe steps could be taken for adding pictures to a post ?? Last time, on my gas tank post I added 2 pictures. Spot for the 1st one was blank and the pic was below the 2nd one. Frustrating, but I've tangled with this before here and didn't feel like fussing with it. I'm active on several forums and don't have this problem on them..

gogittum said:
Now we've got that out of the way, maybe steps could be taken for adding pictures to a post ?? Last time, on my gas tank post I added 2 pictures. Spot for the 1st one was blank and the pic was below the 2nd one. Frustrating, but I've tangled with this before here and didn't feel like fussing with it. I'm active on several forums and don't have this problem on them..

Let's try!

What are the other forums? I want to check to see if they use the same forum software. My biggest gripe with this forum is there has to be an easier way to add photos.

Jim said:
Let's try!

What are the other forums? I want to check to see if they use the same forum software. My biggest gripe with this forum is there has to be an easier way to add photos.

Bass Resource is one I've been on for a few years - their software is different, but one way to add photos is just cut-n-paste. Their quoting system is a little more versatile as well...highlight the part you want to quote and a box appears with 'Quote Selection'...and that's all you get. It also doesn't stack quotes.

https://www.bassresource.com/bass-fishing-forums/

I'm active on Florida Sportsman and Microskiffs forums. On both, it's a simple drag & drop - similar to Tinboats, except they don't drag and drop properly here.

Should mention, too, that I can compose and post a message with pictures on either of those forums, then, if I want to share with the other I simply copy and paste the whole thing. Boom. Haven't tried that here.

Latest posts