Speaker setup 2 vs 4

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jfenny

Reaction score
Thanks again guys for all the help so far. As I continue my planning I have my next question.

So I'm looking to put in some speakers so my wife can listen to her tunes, we use the boat for a lot more than just fishing: tubing, fireworks, getting around the lake, etc... Now we're not sound aficionados, and will not be on the boat specifically for the purpose of listening to music. The tunes would just be extra background stuff for fun. For example we have a private beach area we go to (only accessible by the boat) so having the music on while we're there would be nice.

Now I already have a SONY DSX-M55BT I picked up for cheap at a garage sale and now I'm wondering if I should do 2 or 4 speakers. I guess I'm just wondering if 4 is overkill for a small boat. I was thinking originally of just putting in two at the front but now I'm thinking that since I've got the boat torn down maybe I should just toss another two in the back and be done with it. I won't have the boat torn this open for wiring again and so it's now or never.

I am not a sound guy and have no idea, any thoughts?

Gcze337l.jpg

BAY BEAGLE said:
Another idea, is "BLUETOOTH" speaker(s) - work off Your cell phone. Only thing you need to supply is a power source.

That's what we do as well, and it's mostly when my wife and my girls are on the boat. :lol:

Thanks guys, trying to stay away from that option if we can help it. A couple of our annual trips are for at least 4 days, and can reach up to 10 days in length. Phones die and go away fast. We actually encourage that they disappear. One of the benefits of our favourite camp site is that it is remote; no cell coverage, no electricity, etc... just wilderness for a week at a time. So getting the phones put away is a nice thing. Anything that encourages them to come back out is to be avoided. This way we can connect the phones if we want to, or just play off a pre-built list. At least that's my thinking.

I'm thinking 4 speakers at this point. Better to have them and be overboard than in hindsight wish I'd put the other two in. Not much to lose for just another $50 and a couple of hours of time.