Plywood Question

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Knapstacks89

Reaction score
I purchased plywood for my boat deck. And now I’m paranoid that I may have bought pressure treated wood. This is the only logo I can find. Can anyone advise if this is pressure treated or not. Thank you so much.

That looks like standard CCX sheathing - used in roofs, subfloors and interior walls. I don't believe that it's treated, but calling the store you purchased it from and asking would be the safe route.

For the same reason you don't want to use pressure treated lumber for the bunks on your trailer.
The chemicals used to treat the wood tends to react with aluminum, causing premature and/or advanced corrosion where there's contact.

It's a somewhat long-term process, but there's been a number of disappointed folks that found pinhole leaks right where thier pressure treated bunks contact the hull even through old carpet. Also, for those that have replaced transom wood with pressure treated, they find further down the road, that they're having to replace entire transoms due to excessive corrosion.

Roger