1998 Mercury 25EH Shift Linkage Seperation?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FuzzyGrub

Reaction score
I am trying to remove the lower unit on my 1998 mercury 25EH #0G640007, 2-stroke, to replace water pump. I can't find how to seperate the shift linkage. On E/J and Nissans there is an access plate to seperate the linkage. I don't see that on this motor. I pulled the four main bolts to see if it was accessed once you could drop the lower unit, slightly. All I see is the rubber boot over the shaft. I'd appreciate any help.

For whatever reason, it looks like I never purchased the service manual for this motor, which is unusal for me. :oops:

Thx.

It turned out I did have a service manual, but it was softcopy and was on a different computer. It still took a little bit to find and remove retainer. The starter and solinoid are in the viewing way. I thought I lost the washer they warn you about, but found it. Waiting on water pump parts that should be here Friday.

FWIW: Even though I have had this motor for many years and never changed the impeller, all was in relatively good shape. Just a slight set and no broken vanes. Replaced but issue was a sticking thermostat.