Spectrum 17'

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fishinistobreath

Reaction score
Hi guys! I'm new to the site and may be posting in the wrong spot, sorry if so and please educate me on where I should be lol. I'm planning on converting my sc to a cc with a completely open floor plan. Boat is a 17' spectrum aluminum bass boat. Question is. Can I remove all the added aluminum frame work for the casting decks without it weakening the hull? I don't want it to fold up on me out in the lake lol. Thanks in advance for any input the site seems to be full of smart experienced guys that has done some pretty awesome mods!

I'm thinking that is a Jon boat style hull? Some open Jon boats have cross wise bottom bracing with ribs that go up the sides (however you say that). If the primary bracing is bulkheads going from side to side, then I would be doubly concerned about removing them.

Sorry I can't really help. Pic of the boat might help folks.

I am also building a 17 Spectrum dominator. Have you stripped the boat out yet? The floor supports run bow to stern unlike most that are side to side. I was going to remove my deck but decided to keep it for storage and support. it’s not that big of a deck and the way the floor is, removing wouldn’t be beneficial.
I did remove the ”gun box” and moved the starboard panel in a few inches to gain floor space.
As for CC conversion, its not really wide enough to be practical

Latest posts