2004 Crestliner - possibly partial rebuild

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inthehollar

Reaction score
Hey all, quick question before I dive into something i will regret. I would like to redo the front deck on my 2004 Crestliner Fish Hawk. I'm not a welder but always willing to learn. What welder should I learn before tearing my boat up? I will only use it for this project so I am not apposed to Harbor Freight throw away machines.

You will need to weld aluminum which a totally different animal than steel welding.. and alot more expensive for a machine. Either bring it to someone to do it for you, or rivet the framing together.. check out Tiny boat Nation on YouTube.

Sent from my SM-A526W using Tapatalk

GYPSY400 said:
You will need to weld aluminum which a totally different animal than steel welding.. and alot more expensive for a machine. Either bring it to someone to do it for you, or rivet the framing together.. check out Tiny boat Nation on YouTube.

Why cant I learn to do it myself?

You can if you want, but go price out a welder with TIG functions or a mig welder that can use an aluminum spool gun option. Chances are your Traeger BBQ is cheaper.
Most builds that aren't welded are riveted joints

harbor freight makes a couple "cheap" welders that can run a spool gun. if you want to take the time to learn a new skill then go for it. Great way to make money on the side as well.

Latest posts