SeaArk 1652 weight distribution

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tgc1021

Reaction score
Picked up a great deal for a 99 seaark 1652 and trailer for $2000. It’s bare bones just the hull, original sea ark side console, two batteries, 10 gallon tank and a 54lb thrust trolling motor. When I bought it came with an older 55hp evinrude that needed lots of work. I sold it to a friend and just picked up a early 90s Nissan 30hp. All is needed was carbs rebuilt and water pump which I just got done installing. Runs amazing now. Preparing to do a test run this weekend before I put in a floor and do all new electical/Bildge pumps. What I’m wondering is should I put the batteries towards the front of the boat. With both large batteries, 10 gallon fuel tank and my wife and I I’m worried about weight distribution. She’s 130 and I’m 200. Only other Jon boat I’ve had was a 14ft with small tank/battery and 9.9 evinrude. Let me know what you think. Thanks!

I have a 1756 - 1 foot longer than yours. I have 1 battery, 6 gal of fuel, a 40hp 2 stroke outboard, and almost 300lbs of me in the back. I like to have another person in the front of the boat if I'm moving at any kind of speed. I have 25# sand bags (filled with pea gravel so they don't make a mess) and I'll put 6 of those (150lbs) in the front if I'm alone and it works great that way.

Without the weight up front it still runs fine but I struggle to get up on plane.

Tgc1021 - Have you had it out?
If not - Going with maintenanceguy's using sandbags. Get some sandbags of similar weight to the batteries. Move them around, with wife in boat, then install batteries.

I'm just down the road from ya in Highland. A sibling lives in Champaign.

Latest posts